Hello!
I will be writing on this blog about something that is really important aspect of my life, which is the Book of Mormon. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the Book of Mormon has been something that has brought me comfort and guidance in times of deep trial. I was born into the church, but the big step for me in my conversion to the gospel began when I read the book completely on my own when I was seventeen.
I have a strong testimony of gospel, and I believe that over time it will continue to get stronger through my own dedication to strengthen it. There are many ways in my life that my testimony has grown, but the times that I have noticed the most growth has been when I am seriously studying the Book of Mormon.
While attending Brigham Young University, I am finishing up my senior year, and have taken many religion courses. Currently I am taking a Book of Mormon course, and it asks that you make a blog recording your personal experience with the Book of Mormon as you read along with the class. The type of things I will be discussing will mostly be things that I have touched me from the class discussion or from my personal scripture study.
We are asked to share our blog on social media for our friends to read. When this idea was brought up, I was afraid of the idea of sharing my personal experiences with my Facebook friends. This feeling of fear was shortly followed by guilt when I realized that I was afraid to share my testimony with others. Once I discovered that this fear was silly and that sharing my testimony is a very beneficial thing to a world that is full of so much confusion and doubt, I gained a new feeling of purpose and excitement.
I am excited to share my journey in reading the Book of Mormon with whoever decides to read it, and I hope that you share your own experience or respond to what I have written in the comments!
xoxo
Caroline
No comments:
Post a Comment