Recently, my family has been going through some tough things. This trial has been very challenging and has caused a few family members to stray away. This last week, things have been especially difficult and so I decided to search lds.org for things that could be comforting or helpful. I decided to look at was under the scripture guide for "Endure". There were many comforting scriptures and 3 Nephi 27:6 stuck out to me the most. This scripture is simple, and while it can be directed to the idea of sticking with your faith, I also see it in a different way. The scripture says:
"6 And whoso taketh upon him my name, and endureth to the end, the same shall be saved at the last day."
Not only does this scripture remind you to be a believer of Christ and withstand any temptations or persecution, to me it also reminds you that when you are going through trials, you always have the Lord with you. This scripture is comforting because it reminds you that Christ helps you when you have faith in him.
This scripture is really applicable to what is going on in my life. It reminds me to be an example of a believer in Christ and not fall to temptation when I am struggling through a trial, but then it also reminds me that the Lord is with me and I will be rewarded for my strength.
Thanks for reading!
xoxo
caroline
No comments:
Post a Comment