Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Temple Work

My SMART project was centered around temples and different scriptures I related to temples and this past week I have thought more about the greatness of temple work and have been reading scriptures again. Most of you don't get to read my final project, so I want to share part of the spiritual aspect of it that I learned concerning the Book of Mormon. 

It was actually quite difficult to find scripture references that directly talked about temples in the Book of Mormon since that is mostly discussed in D&C. But, one of the scriptures I did find was  Mosiah 1:18 -

“And now, it came to pass that Mosiah went and did as his father had commanded him, and proclaimed unto all the people who were in the land of Zarahemla that thereby they might gather themselves together, to go up to the temple to hear the words which his father should speak unto them.”

I really liked this scripture because it reminds you that the temple is a place to hear the words of God. Even though the scripture doesn't explicitly say that, I read that this was talking about the ability to go to the temple and be close to God and have the spirit speak to you. I love that we have the temple as a place to go to when you are wanting to be closer to Him and I know that we can hear his words through the different ordinances we do, but then also through the feeling of the spirit.

I think that this scripture can be read in many ways, but I think it is interesting to think of it as a message for the power of the temple and the ability we have to go and hear the Lord's words.

I hope to find time to go to the temple this finals week because I have a testimony of its help when life gets rough.

Thanks for reading!

xoxo

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment