Sunday, March 12, 2017

Alma 7: 11-13

Alma 7:11-13 --- This section of scripture is part of scripture mastery and something that I was looking at this past week. I have been trying to actively look at scripture mastery throughout the semester in order to remind me of some of the important verses we discussed in seminary in high school and it has been a way for me to refresh on some ideas and principles. This scripture says:

 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
 13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.
When I read these verses and then looked them on the lds.org website and the notes they have listed for the scripture mastery, they had a question attached to it that really impacted me. This question was "When have you felt the healing power of the Atonement?". This question really struck me because I have been overwhelmed multiple times in my life with the healing power of the Atonement. Not only can the Atonement forgive you for any sins that you have committed, it can also comfort you when you are struggling through trial and tribulation. It has always been comforting to me to be able to turn to Jesus Christ when I am struggling and feel that I have no one to turn to. I have had unique terrible trials through my life and I have often struggled to find people to turn to because they simply do not understand. It is amazing though, to have Christ always there for you when you need help and I really think that is amazing. I really have a testimony of Christ's hand in our lives and know that he is always someone I can rely on. 
Thanks for reading! 
xoxo
caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment