Something that helps me in my scripture study is looking at the scripture mastery for the Book of Mormon. When I was looking at it earlier this week, I noticed Ether 12:27 as I was getting close to the book of Ether. I knew that the scripture was part of the scripture mastery, but still don't remember learning much about it when I was in Sunday School or Seminary. I clicked on LDS.org's information for the scripture and learned about the power of this scripture and understood why my dad chose it as a phrase in the build-a-bear message. You can look at the link I am talking about here
This is the scripture:
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
On LDS.org's notes for this, they give background information to how this scripture is about Moroni's worries that he has weak writing. In the scripture, God teaches that if you come to Him humbly and show him your weaknesses, he will make them strong. After actually reading this scripture and understanding it, I know why my dad told my brother to remember this scripture. I am never served a mission, but I have heard about how hard they are. I can see how a scripture that teaches about weaknesses and faith in the God can be comforting to someone who is alone on their mission. The comforting message that God will strengthen you if you have faith is something that can be really applicable for everyone, but especially for a missionary.
When I take this scripture and put it towards my current life, I can see how it can be applied very easily. As we get closer to the end of finals and all the stresses that come with it, we are in great need of God's help. Sometimes I am too prideful and believe that I can do everything on my own. But, if I humble myself and ask God for help, I know that I will be blessed with his help to strengthen me.
Thanks for reading!
xoxo
caroline
No comments:
Post a Comment